The JACK NUT® threaded insert is an economical blind fastener designed for assembly-line use in thin, soft, or brittle materials. When tightened, the body collapses to form four legs which grip the inside of the mounting surface, leaving a permanent, reusable threaded insert.
Available in steel and brass, it can be coated with RAINTITE® to seal moisture and hard plastic PVC to prevent scratching and galvanic corrosion.
JACK NUT® Threaded Inserts are RoHS, ELoV and WEEE compliant.
- Fastens in blind holes.
- Won't distort or deform soft plastics or thin sheet metals.
- Fast, inexpensive and easy to use.
- Not hole-size sensitive.
- Fastens securely despite burrs or uneven substrate.
- Available with 'Plastisol' coating for sealing purposes.
- Suitable for a wide grip range.
- Can be set with manual or pneumatic tools.
How They Work
- Thread JACK NUT® Insert onto mandrel of installation tool, then insert all the way into predrilled
hole until flange is firmly against the mounting surface.
- Fully collapse insert, then remove installation tool.
- Pass machine screw through part to be fastened, then tighten until snug.