Heavy duty, high strength, tamper resistant, blind steel fastener.
The Avdel Avbolt heavy duty fastener is a structural blind fastener with high strength, and tamper resistance. Designed for use in heavy-duty fastening applications such as construction, container, railway, mining and bridge building.
Key features and benefits
- Use on blind sided application
- High tensile and shear strength
- Speed of installation
- Vibration resistance
- High grip capability
- Tamper resistant
- Ideal for areas with restricted access
The fastener has been designed for applications in ship building, railway, automotive assembly including car seats, other ground transportation, mining equipment and construction
- Sizes: 4.8 mm, 6.4 mm, 8.0 mm, 10 mm, 12.7 mm and 1 6mm (3/16", 1/4'', 1/2", 5/16", 3/8" and 5/8")
- Materials Stem: Alloy steel, black oxide
- Materials Sleeve and collar: Carbon steel, zinc plated + clear passivated
- Collar: Flanged*
*Flanged collar only on 3/8'', 1/2" & 5/8'' (three piece) diameters.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the above datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials".
We can design and manufacture lockbolts with a wide variety of forms and finishes to meet your unique assembly requirements. Please refer to this page to find examples of our customised capabilities: