Speed Fastening® for plastic assembly requirements.
The Avdel Rivscrew PL is a Speed Fastening solution for plastic assembly requirements.
Designed specifically for plastic assembly, the Rivscrew PL fasteners are threaded, removable fasteners that combine the speed of rivet placement with the benefits of being able to remove and re-fasten. The rivets can be installed up to six times faster than screw and nut assemblies. The Rivscrew PL rivet can be removed with a standard hexagonal key up to five times with very little reduction in performance.
Key features and benefits
- One-sided installation. Eases assembly.
- Designed on the principle of placement by expansion. High pull-out resistance and no risk of stripping and debris during placing.
- Use in a wide range of thermoplastics. Increased number of applications and rationalization of part numbers.
- No torque control to be applied. No risks of thread strip-out during installation.
- Vibration resistant.
- Flexible. Accommodates variations in material thickness. No resetting for different joints.
- Wide grip range. Enables the replacement of several different screws.
- Quick installation with standard equipment. Reduced production and maintenance costs.
- Wide choice of installation systems. Increased productivity, efficient introduction into the production process and lower in-place costs.
Wide range of plastics
The Rivscrew PL fastener features a special thread designed for a wide range of plastics with a flexural modulus between 340,000 and 1,400,000 p.s.i. (2000 to 10000 N/mm2).
- Power steering, ABS, heating control, injection computer
- Plastic trim, bumper covers, lighting
- Domestic appliances, power supplies, chassis, printers
- Power tools, toys, plastic enclosures
- Range: Diameter 3.0 - 3.5 - 4.0 - 4.5 mm For thickness from 2.8 to 11.8 mm
- Material: Low carbon steel to BS3111 Type O SAE 1008 DIN 1654 QSt 34-3
- Finish: Zinc-plated (Chrome VI free) and clear passivated to achieve 120 hours resistance to red corrosion (ASTM B117)