Avdel's new Infalok large diameter lockbolts (ø 12.7 mm - 28.6 mm) are heavy duty, two-piece fasteners designed to provide a high strength and secure assembly. Quick and simple to place they provide a long lasting, vibration proof joint. Infalok lockbolts are the ideal solution where welding, threaded fasteners or solid rivets are not suitable or practical to use.
Capable of delivering a joint clamp (pre-load) of over 225 kN and a tensile strength of over 300 kN, they can be widely used in demanding engineering industries including railways, construction, mining, bridge and crane building.
Due to its improved fastener design and the wider range of sizes and lengths offered, Infalok is now replacing the former range of Avdelok® LD large diameter lockbolts series 2861, 2862, 2863, 2864 and 2865.
Key Features and Benefits
- Exceptional shear and tensile strength provides consistent, high performance required in loadbearing, structural applications
- Excellent vibration resistance
- Quick and easy to install across a wide range of applications
- Grip increments match exactly with international standards
- Tamper resistant
- Tolerates variation in joint - allows angled installation up to 7°
- New range of robust installation tools designed for even extreme conditions
- Ease of use - requires only minimum skill
- Informational head marking for easier identification
- Visual joint control
Installed Infalok fasteners provide a minimum shear, tensile and pre-load strength, which is equivalent to or exceeds ISO898-1 property class 8.8 or ASTM A-325 standards. Made to British Standard B7805: Part 2:1997, the Infalok fastener can be the perfect alternative to conventional property class grade 8.8 threaded fasteners, providing a permanent, high tensile friction grip joint but without the risk of loosening.
- Sizes: 1/2" to 1-1/8" (12.7 mm to 28.6 mm)
- Material: Steel
Round - Infalok 2851 series
Large truss head - Infalok 2854 series
- Collar: Full, Flanged
Geometric, material and finish specials can be offered, please contact your local Avdel representative.
Surface finish options
If you are looking for other surface finish options than shown in the datasheets please download our
This will show you what surface finish options are possible to apply to our standard fastener types as "customer specials"
- Transportation (Heavy Vehicles)
- Railway/rail track
- Steel construction (bridge building/repair, renewable energy)
- Heavy equipment
For the quick and reliable installation of the Infalok lockbolts Avdel can now offer a new range of durable, state-of-the-art AV™ placing tools and modern, proven Enerpac® pump units.